About Me

My photo
About me, always hard to put into words a description about myself. We always see ourselves differently than others do. My likes: I love sports, all kinds. Especially NASCAR and baseball. Yea, strange I know, a bleeding heart liberal who likes NASCAR and country music. But here I am. I also am profoundly proud of the relationship that I have with my children and my family. They made me who I am today. Pink is my favorite color. I like all kinds of music, except perhaps rap. I am a rabid NPR listener and love my doggie. I work full time, am a semi-vegetarian, a voracious reader and a wanna be writer. Doing all that I do in the beautiful South Florida sunshine.

Monday, October 19, 2009

Manic Monday

Not really. I've said this before, but I totally don't mind Monday's.  Both bosses are out of the office, so I can use this time to play catch up.  I'll be trying to utilize Google Calendar as I really prefer the functionality that it has vs Outlook or iCal (both of which I have/use) because I can access the calendar anywhere, from any computer.  The fact that I can have tasks incorporated with the calendar are one of the things I like. My preference, of course, would be if I could use iCal and Outlook at the same time w/my iPhone. Outlook at work and iCal at home. If you know how, let me in on the secret. kthnx

In eating and health related news, I'm up two pounds. WTF??  How did that happen. Apparently the same way someone can not really pay too much attention to what they are eating and go down two pounds. (Yes, Michael, this means you!)  Well, I know I haven't been writing EVERYTHING down, so I guess it's time to own it and do it. I'll need to plan out my meals in advance. I always am more successful when I do that.

My breakfast today is the same thing I have every morning: a bagel w/a spritz of butter spray and a tbsp off sugar free orange marmalade.  Lunch will be a sandwich using up the leftover chicken breast. Yes, I started eating fowl on occasion. Sorry if that disappoints my veggie/vegan friends.  Dinner is going to be a veggie stirfy w/a garden burger. Pictures to follow later.

Now for some local news, fall is finally here.  We went from record highs of 92 to a record low of 57 the next night. Yes, it's true and I'm not exaggerating.  It was so nice to open all the windows and enjoy the weather for a change.

Time to get the kiddo-s up and at 'em.  Enjoy your Monday.

No comments: